Acoustic Transmission Loss through Periodic Elastic Structures
Model ID: 1974
In this model, two fluids are separated by a solid elastic structure. An acoustic pressure wave impacts the structure resulting in a reflected wave and a wave transmitted with a loss through the structure. This model investigates the transmission loss through the structure. The effects of incident angle, frequency, and dampings are studied.
Important features used: Acoustic-structure interaction with arbitrary incident angle, scattered field formulation, the perfectly matched layer (PML), and periodic Floquet boundary conditions.
Ref: S. Dey and J. J. Sirron, Proceedings of IMECE 2006, ASME 2006 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Chicago, USA
To download the files, please sign into your COMSOL Access account.*
- AcousticTranmissionLoss.ppt - 4.75MB
- acoustic_transmission_loss.mph *
- acoustic_transmission_loss.pdf - 0.44MB
- acoustic_transmission_loss_43a.mph *
- acoustic_transmission_loss_presentation.pdf - 1.77MB
- acoustic_transmission_loss_presentation.pptx - 1.04MB