Evaluating average value of variable along the length

Thread index  |  Previous thread  |  Next thread  |  Start a new discussion

RSS FeedRSS feed   |   Email notificationsTurn on email notifications   |   2 Replies   Last post: January 11, 2013 1:44am UTC
Santhosh  Reddy

Santhosh Reddy

December 1, 2011 10:14pm UTC

Evaluating average value of variable along the length

I am solving free and porous media physics in the square domain (3D). I want to calculate average flow velocity through one of the four sides of the wall along the length. In 2D, I know that we can use projection coupling variables. I have no idea how to do this for 3D.

I cut my domain along the length into several smaller domains. Now I can use surface average in the derived values to compute the average velocity through the wall at different lengths. The problem is I have many small domains and I hate to manually select the surface every time for computing average. If I select all surfaces at once, I get average of all surfaces not for each surface. Is there anyway to compute surface average automatically at different surfaces?.

I hope you understand what I am saying.

Reply  |  Reply with Quote  |  Send private message  |  Report Abuse

Saeid Norouzi Apourvari

Saeid Norouzi Apourvari

January 10, 2013 2:10am UTC in response to Santhosh Reddy

Re: Evaluating average value of variable along the length

Dear Santosh,

I hope you are doing well,
You said you know how to get an average in 2D. I am solving the same problem you had, but in 2D right now. I am struggling with getting average velocity profile to examine the continuity of the velocity profile. Would you please explain the projection coupling variables?

Thanks and regards,
saeid

Santhosh  Reddy

Santhosh Reddy

January 11, 2013 1:44am UTC in response to Saeid Norouzi Apourvari

Re: Evaluating average value of variable along the length

Hi,

I stopped working on comsol a year ago. So I do not remember the details and do not have software now. I am sure I figured out from the example models. Sorry.

Rules and guidelines